Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Fun with Lights

Nate and I spent our evening together last night. We played board games and then Nate asked to play with the Lite-Brite. I agreed that would be okay. So he got it out. He would pick the color and I would punch the holes. Then he would put the pegs in until he was done with a color (he wanted to do a pre-printed sheet). He was so excited the whole time. I was able to knit some in between my duties. We also watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Nate deemed it good music and said he liked the movie. (Of course, he likes Barney so his taste is somewhat suspect). He was so excited when he finished that we had to take a picture.

We tried a self-portrait but apparently I am not very good at taking them. So this was the best we got.













I did give in and go to the LYS after work. I was going to get some cotton yarn for Nate. He wants dinosaurs. I got him purple, brown and green. They will be the ugliest dinosaurs. We wound the purple last night.

I also gave in and got three balls of Noro Kureyeon. (It has more blue and green than the photo would suggest) I am making a scarf with short rows (I don't know the actual pattern). This will go into the Christmas pile for next year. The final expenditure was the book. I had this on my wish list, but couldn't resist when I saw it in person. So many patterns that I would actually make (not that I will ever get around to them but hey I like books). It was a nice little trip and I felt much better after the evening with new yarn. This feels like a pay ahead for the overtime I will likely be working this weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Thats a BIG Lite Brite! Are they really that big now?
The self portrate looks good! better than what I usually get...

what are the projects like in No sheep? I should get to the book store and check it out..
what dinosaur pattern are you going to use?

questions, questions...

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I loved Lite-Brites when I was a kid (wow... they had them way back then!)... not sure I ever had one, but I played with them at friend's houses.

I almost bought that book yesterday.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I looooove lite brites! And nice yarn haul. The Noro looks great, do you have specific plans for it?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Lite Brite art looks lovely.

I used to like to watch seven brides for seven brothers when I was sick.

Do you have a pattern for your dinosour or are you just going to wing it?

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lite Brite looks fun! I just saw that book the other day. Any projects from it that you want to knit?

Not a bad pic at all!

And dinosaurs are not all that cute. Usually. ;)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home