Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Blogger ate my post -- Argh

Blogger just ate my post! I hate it when that happens.

I realized that October is shortly to be here which means one thing in my house. Halloween costumes. I make them every year. Here is the catch, I sew once a year for Halloween. Once upon a time, I knew how to sew lots of things even put zippers in but I was young and the brain cells for that knowledge have apparently died. Last year, Ben was a pirate. This year he wants to be a musketeer. Then my sister emailed me -- she is willing to make the costumes! Yippee! That was what she was going to make the nephew so she is going to make three and they will be the three musketeers. I hope Nate will cooperate. He said he wants to be Woody (I already have this costume). We'll see. My boys always end up with way more candy than they need or eat.

I am shopping tomorrow. Must find shoes for the wedding for me and the bride. It could be a challenge because my dress won't be the right length if I go higher than 1" and she won't wear higher than 1". It should be a fun day. I hope so, because I will be at work on Sunday.

I spoke with my assassin. My socks should have arrived yesterday, which they didn't. So I am betting they are in the mail today. If I had been a better participant, I would have finished my socks by now. I could have, but I have been working on other things. I stayed gung-ho to finish until I knew that my death was imminent, partially because the yarn and I haven't gotten along very well. Pluse, when I am tired I completely screw up that pattern.

2 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Yay for sisters!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty good at the sewing thing but I've only made a costume for Dobby once - she wanted to be a princess and she was, however I vowed never. again.

Hurrah for your sister! :o)

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home