Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

FO and WIP

Here it is, Nate's new hat.















This is the same yarn my hat is made out of, but without the roll brime. It is a little long on him, but we roll it up and it is perfect. He was posing for me this morning.

At the swim team banquet, I cast on for a sock for Ben. I have promised him a pair of socks for quite a long time, but the last paid I attempted ended up Nate's size. It is STR which is truly awesome to knit with. So soft. Ankle socks with a heel flap. I have tried toe-up socks and have determined that I prefer doing a heel flap. This was yarn I had bought for myself.
I am thinking of knitting some wristwarmers with the leftovers. I made myself a pair last year, but gave them to my mom when the pair I made her for christmas was to small.

2 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Cute hat! Nate looks like he'll be warm this winter.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute hat! (and cute kid) :o)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home