Swim Mom Knits

Thirty something wife and mom of two boys who spends all her time at the pool (although not swimming)knitting maniacally.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kidless for Two Weekends!

I am just recovering from a nasty bout of flu. I missed work yesterday to dizzy to stand up. Shane had to help me to the bedroom at one point. This is particularly funny because our house is teeny tiny and all one level. I started getting sick on Saturday and just got worse all weekend. Shane has been super sweet and made supper for me last night and bringing it to me. I made it to work Tuesday, but I am not fully functional.

Grandma Grace's birthday party was success. I think Shane took some pictures, but he left the camera is Nate's back-pack which was with Grandma Pig. The celebration was for her 101st birthday.

On Sunday we had the family reunion. Other than me being sick, it was a great time. I got to spoil some little cousins (5 and 3). Nate went home with Grandma and Grandpa. Ben went home with cousins. This was his first time staying with them. He had a great time. We had cousins up from Texas that were staying and there were five all within a couple years (agewise) of each other. They played at the park until everyone left. Then it was gamecube. Ben was exhausted when he got home yesterday.

This weekend, both boys are staying with Grandma and Papa Pig. Which means a whole evening with no children, on a weekend. This will mean date night.

Mom and Dad (aka Grandma and Papa Pig -- so named because both grandmas are Linda and the last name of my parents is to long for most toddlers, my parents had pigs and were designated by the grandma and papa with the pigs. It got shortened to Papa Pig. Grandma accepted it about a year later) met me for lunch today. I am going to make mom a wrap but wanted her to pick out some yarn. I think she would have been happier just letting me pick it out. She kept telling me she would have no idea how something would look knitted up. I just kept saying just pick colors you like. We ended up with some Claudia's Handpainted in reds, purples and browns. It is gorgeous.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuk! Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well--I hope you get over it in time to have a Fabulous free weekend, with the weather to accommodate!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you feel better :o\

10:59 AM  
Blogger V said...

Hope you feel better soon!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home